Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of jimmy462's message #11645289 « ATTN: My beloved Fred Miranda sellers »

jimmy462
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: ATTN: My beloved Fred Miranda sellers

binary visions wrote:
Dearest sellers,

We have had a wonderful relationship thus far. I have purchased a number of items, always received good service, and generally would consider it nothing but a positive experience. So, thank you for that.

I just wanted to mention, though, that sometimes you post items without photos attached. Unless the item is <$50, or is described as "new in box," this is simply silly. Please keep in mind that you are asking other strangers on the internet to send you money, sometimes hundreds or thousands of dollars. Take a moment, photograph your gear (this is a photographers' forum, is it not?) and post them along with your listing, even if you don't think there's anything to show. It provides everyone a warm fuzzy about the item you're selling and ensures we're all on the same page about what it looks like.

Then, I would be happy to talk with you about transferring large sums of money to your bank account.

Warm regards and love,
- bV

Hi bV,

I'm with you on the picture thing, call me old-fashioned, but I like to see what I'm buying before purchasing. Now, I have given difference to some sellers who I have either personally encountered on the boards and, so, know to be upfront and honorable folk, or to those whose ratings have been impeccable and have gotten those reviews from, again, folks who have shown their honorable characters around the boards.

But, to me, the making of a successful transaction requires that both parties are happy with the deal...and I go out of my way, as a buyer, to accommodate my seller's needs and to calm their nerves. So, if I request images and the seller balks because they can't be, oh say, inconvenienced, well, I consider that both disrespectful and a deal breaker. "If you can't be inconvenienced to provide a few images, then I can't be inconvenienced to head to the bank or P.O. to get you a certified check or money order for your gear." No sleep lost on my part, another "dame" will be comin' around the corner at any moment.

It's all about rapport...If everybody's goal is to be happy, and everybody's goal is to be honorable, the deal's go down smoothly and everyone is smiling...the way it should be.

Anyhoo, my 2-cents on the matter.
Jimmy G

Edit: "shown difference"...ahahahah!...almost spit coffee out of my nose..."deference", of course!... ...

Jun 30, 2013 at 01:22 PM
jimmy462
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: ATTN: My beloved Fred Miranda sellers

binary visions wrote:
Dearest sellers,

We have had a wonderful relationship thus far. I have purchased a number of items, always received good service, and generally would consider it nothing but a positive experience. So, thank you for that.

I just wanted to mention, though, that sometimes you post items without photos attached. Unless the item is <$50, or is described as "new in box," this is simply silly. Please keep in mind that you are asking other strangers on the internet to send you money, sometimes hundreds or thousands of dollars. Take a moment, photograph your gear (this is a photographers' forum, is it not?) and post them along with your listing, even if you don't think there's anything to show. It provides everyone a warm fuzzy about the item you're selling and ensures we're all on the same page about what it looks like.

Then, I would be happy to talk with you about transferring large sums of money to your bank account.

Warm regards and love,
- bV

Hi bV,

I'm with you on the picture thing, call me old-fashioned, but I like to see what I'm buying before purchasing. Now, I have given difference to some sellers who I have either personally encountered on the boards and, so, know to be upfront and honorable folk, or to those whose ratings have been impeccable and have gotten those reviews from, again, folks who have shown their honorable characters around the boards.

But, to me, the making of a successful transaction requires that both parties are happy with the deal...and I go out of my way, as a buyer, to accommodate my seller's needs and to calm their nerves. So, if I request images and the seller balks because they can't be, oh say, inconvenienced, well, I consider that both disrespectful and a deal breaker. "If you can't be inconvenienced to provide a few images, then I can't be inconvenienced to head to the bank or P.O. to get you a certified check or money order for your gear." No sleep lost on my part, another "dame" will be comin' around the corner at any moment.

It's all about rapport...If everybody's goal is to be happy, and everybody's goal is to be honorable, the deal's go down smoothly and everyone is smiling...the way it should be.

Anyhoo, my 2-cents on the matter.
Jimmy G

Jun 27, 2013 at 03:22 AM

Previous versions of jimmy462's message #11645289 « ATTN: My beloved Fred Miranda sellers »