Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of jasoncallen's message #11644356 « D700 does Dance (my first time shooting dancers) »

jasoncallen
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: D700 does Dance (my first time shooting dancers)

baabbott wrote:
Hi Jason,

How far away from the backdrop are the girls in the last photo? When I shoot with a black paper backdrop in my garage studio, my black comes out gray with too much light thrown on it. Maybe the subject is not far enough away from the paper?

The subject to background distance was about 10\'. The light was only about 2\' from their heads though - deliberately very close to the subjects, which limits flash spill.

ytwong wrote:
The 4th photo is lovely.

I have to say I actually dislike the big foot photo (#2)

#3 look more like judo to my eyes (I know, it\'s just me, sorry!)

Overall, maybe the complete lack of motion blur make me feel that they are not really dancing but posing?

And yes, I\'d prefer the wall without rail as backdrop..

I have a feeling that... if the pomotion is about the duet performance, the photos seems showing too much space of the empty practice studio....I would connect \"dancing class\" rather than dancing performance looking at the photos.

Ok, just some throughts from a random viewer, not from a professional

Again, #4 is really nice

The shots are deliberately framed with empty space for promotional text! I agree, as standalone shots, they do feel empty.

Also, #3 looked like judo even when in motion! Abby was spinning Cory around like a ragdoll in that movement!

Jun 26, 2013 at 01:19 PM

Previous versions of jasoncallen's message #11644356 « D700 does Dance (my first time shooting dancers) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.