Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Mark Metternich's message #11640323 « Magna Metlako »

Mark Metternich
Upload & Sell: On
Magna Metlako

After many attempts over the last 5 years I finally got to this special location in the Columbia River Gorge. Metlako, socked in by 150 foot cliffs would not show her glory easily! With back to back workshops this year, I only had a one day window of opportunity, before spring greens fade to brown and river levels drop. Long story short: a sprained ankle, blisters on my feet, tweaked knees, poison oak, tweaked lower back, cuts all over my arms, cuts all over my hands, bruises, bruised ribs from taking a slide/fall down a steep face, pulled muscles, sore muscles and exhaustion from one of the most difficult 10 hour adventures I have yet done, finally got me there. Various takes from many different positions will follow, but because I am mostly on the road until fall I thought I would do a quick job on this one to share with the group.

*Please forgive me if I don\'t respond here for a while, I am largely away from communications during this time of year.

To help with scale, both waterfalls are approximately 100 feet high.

Canon 5D Mark2
Canon 16-35@16
f/5.6 for sky and foliage @ 0.3 shutter
f/7.1 @ 0.5 shutter for waterfall
f/13 @ 2 seconds for bottom pool of water
100 ISO

Sky blended with my \"Blend If\" for dynamic range technique.

Thank you for your comments and looking.

Most accurately viewed on a calibrated, wide gamut monitor, on Safari, Firefox or Chrome.

Jun 24, 2013 at 04:28 PM
Mark Metternich
Upload & Sell: On
Magna Metlako

After many attempts over the last 5 years I finally got to this special location in the Columbia River Gorge. Metlako, socked in by 150 foot cliffs would not show her glory easily! With back to back workshops this year, I only had a one day window of opportunity, before spring greens fade to brown and river levels drop. Long story short: a sprained ankle, blisters on my feet, tweaked knees, poison oak, tweaked lower back, cuts all over my arms, cuts all over my hands, bruises, bruised ribs from taking a fall down a steep face, pulled muscles, sore muscles and exhaustion from one of the most difficult 10 hour adventures I have yet done, finally got me there. Various takes from many different positions will follow, but because I am mostly on the road until fall I thought I would do a quick job on this one to share with the group.

*Please forgive me if I don\'t respond here for a while, I am largely away from communications during this time of year.

To help with scale, both waterfalls are approximately 100 feet high.

Canon 5D Mark2
Canon 16-35@16
f/5.6 for sky and foliage @ 0.3 shutter
f/7.1 @ 0.5 shutter for waterfall
f/13 @ 2 seconds for bottom pool of water
100 ISO

Sky blended with my \"Blend If\" for dynamic range technique.

Thank you for your comments and looking.

Most accurately viewed on a calibrated, wide gamut monitor, on Safari, Firefox or Chrome.

Jun 24, 2013 at 03:40 PM

Previous versions of Mark Metternich's message #11640323 « Magna Metlako »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.