Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Shutterbug2006's message #11620894 « 24-105L acts up on photo shoot »

Shutterbug2006
Upload & Sell: Off
Canon 6D fails miserably on a photo shoot

I was asked to take some shots of a community event that happened this morning where I live.

I brought my 1DsII, 1DIII and my 6D with me, which was a good thing, because the 6D gave me nothing but grief today.

I\'d take a shot with the 6D, hear a horrible noise, and then the cam would either fail to take the shot and display an ERR message suggesting a miscommunication with the lens, or it would take the shot, and not take any others until I powered off and back on again.

If the cam took the shot, immediately afterwards, the viewfinder would go half dark. Removing the battery would return the viewfinder to a clear image.

I\'m not sure what\'s really going on, but this camera is going back to Canon after I can make it reproduce the results I got.

After getting home, the camera appears to be working ok again and I can\'t get it to duplicate the problem.

It\'s frustrating, but at least I have backup cameras I can use and trust, while this problem gets sorted out.

I\'ll post back in this thread after I\'ve reviewed the shots on my computer.

Jun 14, 2013 at 03:06 PM

Previous versions of Shutterbug2006's message #11620894 « 24-105L acts up on photo shoot »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.