Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of sculptormic's message #11596100 « Metabones Speed Booster »

sculptormic
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Metabones Speed Booster

genji wrote:
freaklikeme wrote:
Played around with the Summicron 35 on an NEX SB in my back yard while waiting for Comcast to arrive and fix our service. I like it much more than the VE 35-70/4 I had planned to use on the SB. I\'d say it retains 95% of what I\'ve always liked about the Cron without exaggerating the lens\' faults to a great degree. It\'s a hefty combo for the NEX, though. I\'ve got an Elmarit on the way, which is 125g lighter or a little more than a quarter of the Cron\'s weight off. We\'ll see how it goes.

Both wide open...

When I saw your post, I thought \"but, but... the Summicron-R 35 doesn\'t work with the Speed Booster.\" I was wrong. According to the Metabones site, it\'s the Super-Elmar-R 15mm, Elmarit R 28/2.8, Elmarit R 35/2.8, and Summicron R 50/2 lenses that require modification. Just my luck that the 28/2.8, 35/2.8, and 50/2 are three of the lenses I\'d hoped to use with the Speed Booster. I don\'t want to fuss with any of my Leica R lenses so I\'ve ordered a Contax C/Y Speed Booster instead.

Are you intending to modify the 35/2.8?

That is a pity with your Leica lenses. Now, on the hunt for Contax lenses

Here are some with the Speedbooster and the tiny Contax Tessar.

Jun 03, 2013 at 01:31 PM

Previous versions of sculptormic's message #11596100 « Metabones Speed Booster »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.