Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Matt Anderson's message #11593583 « Milky Way Twilight Afterglow Over The Grand Tetons »

Matt Anderson
Upload & Sell: Off
Milky Way Twilight Afterglow Over The Grand Tetons

This is a multiple exposure of the Grand Tetons with a pre-dawn glow, light painting, and the Milky Way above. A long exposure for the sky and stars, a second exposure with light painting, and a third exposure of the first light bathing the Moutain tops. All taken hours apart. Below you can see the snake river twisting through the scene. Some distant smoke and fog layers the hillside and mountain bases.

If your meticulous with your execution and processing, I think you\'ll find amazing star captures can be obtained without using an AstroTrac.

Nikon D800E, 14-24mm, MC36A Cable Release, Carbon Tripod with BH-55 & PCL1

I really like the foreground trees with the remains of some golden leaves. It looked like Christmas trees with glowing yellow lights. Even though the Milky Way is the main draw, the contrasting branches to the darker trees behind is what catches my eyes. I\'m a sucker for intricate branches and detailed contrasting elements.

(Detail View)

Thanks for viewing.

Jun 02, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Matt Anderson
Upload & Sell: Off
Milky Way Twilight Afterglow Over The Grand Tetons

This is a multiple exposure of the Grand Tetons with a pre-dawn glow, light painting, and the Milky Way above. A long exposure for the sky and stars, a second exposure with light painting, and a third exposure of the first light bathing the Moutain tops. All taken hours apart. Below you can see the snake river twisting through the scene. Some distant smoke and fog layers the hillside and mountain bases.

Nikon D800E, 14-24mm, MC36A Cable Release, Carbon Tripod with BH-55 & PCL1

I really like the foreground trees with the remains of some golden leaves. It looked like Christmas trees with glowing yellow lights. Even though the Milky Way is the main draw, the contrasting branches to the darker trees behind is what catches my eyes. I\'m a sucker for intricate branches and detailed contrasting elements.

(Detail View)

Thanks for viewing.

Jun 02, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Previous versions of Matt Anderson's message #11593583 « Milky Way Twilight Afterglow Over The Grand Tetons »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.