Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of 15Bit's message #11593188 « Anyone up/in for a "Canon Spring 2013" Thread??? »

15Bit
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Anyone up/in for a "Canon Spring 2013" Thread???

It\'s not about whining, it\'s about making the commitment to turning the pictures you take into the images they deserve to be. Sadly PP is a big part of this, as printing used to be in the analogue days. I also hate doing it, and i\'m astonishingly slow at it too, but it has to be done. Absolutely nothing i post up here is \"straight out of camera\", and i would bet the same is true for almost everyone else posting. And even those who do post straight-from-camera jpegs most likely have custom in-camera processing parameters. You can\'t get away from the reality that what the camera captures is only part of the image-making process.

I would suggest you buy a copy of Lightroom, which costs little more than a 50mm f/1.8. Or at least download the V5 beta and then buy V5 when it is released. It isn\'t perfect, but it\'s a lot easier to learn than fully tooled editors like Photoshop and GIMP and will do absolutely everything you need and want right now. You can get a lot of free presets too, which can offer interesting starting points for editing.

The easiest way to sort out difficult colour casts is to convert to B&W

Jun 02, 2013 at 04:25 AM

Previous versions of 15Bit's message #11593188 « Anyone up/in for a "Canon Spring 2013" Thread??? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.