Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of rscheffler's message #11588765 « Hands-on: EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X »

rscheffler
Upload & Sell: Off
Hands-on: EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X

Thank you Mitesh and Peter. I\'m looking forward to seeing your PIF-BIF results, Peter! Hopefully you won\'t be waiting long.

Andrew, yes, definitely add your images. This thread is intended for all 200-400 owners/users to contribute.

That\'s an interesting comparison! I wonder if the difference is maintained at farther shooting distances?

At least with a lot of fast non-super-tele prime lenses I\'ve used, spherical aberration seems to become noticeably worse at very close distances. Test shots I don\'t intend to post here at near minimum focusing distance indicate the 200-400 is impressively crisp, even though MFD with this lens is 2m vs. 3m with the 400 IS v.1 (2.7m for v.2). This is echoed in your results. The Sigma in comparison is quite glowy, though still definitely usable.

May 30, 2013 at 08:33 PM

Previous versions of rscheffler's message #11588765 « Hands-on: EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.