Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11579386 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well time to close out the weekend, did not do much, tomorrow I will need to go somewhere, I only went downtown escondido, to test the 20mm UD on the D800. You may remember my chicano park aztec/mexica freeway murals, taken with this lens on the D3. On that camera the lens performed well, I had not wanted to use it on the D800, believing it would fall short. Much to my surprise it does not, it is already very sharp at 3.5 and does not improve much in sharpness closing down, but it does improve contrast and illumination.

Like the 15mm 5.6 it is plenty sharp for the D800 but you must focus with the field of curvature very much in mind or the corners will not be sharp. you will also not be able to have near and far corners sharp at any aperture at the same time, must focus taking care of the field match to the lens curvature of focus.

I only have a few lenses that show totally clear glass, absolutely no dust or anything else under sunlight, this is one of them.

Enough words.

First the 55 1.2 SC at 2.8. Rose trellis at Elfin forest.

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 at 2.8 D800 Elfin Rose Trellis by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Now the UD at 3.5, yes this is 3.5 with some fixing of the vignette. There is significant depth of focus in the central area

nikom nikkor 20mm 3.5 nkj D800 at 3.5 Escondido Center for the arts by Rafael CA, on Flickr

A crop of this

nikom nikkor 20mm 3.5 nkj UD D800 at 3.5 Escondido Center for the arts crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

This one is at f8, with no post processing, landscape pic control.

nikon nikkor 20mm 3.5 UD at 8 D800 Escondido CA Center for the arts by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Crop

nikon nikkor 20mm 3.5 UD at 8 D800 Escondido CA Center for the arts crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Now at 3.5 using the natural signature of the lens to create an effect, sun colored yellow in sw, other than that no changes. No Photoshop, Lens-a-shop.

Memorial.

nikon nikkor 20mm 3.5 UD at 3.5 D800 Escondido CA Center for the arts memorial by Rafael CA, on Flickr

May 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM
rafaelcasd

Well time to close out the weekend, did not do much, tomorrow I will need to go somewhere, I only went downtown escondido, to test the 20mm UD on the D800. You may remember my chicano park aztec/mexica freeway murals, taken with this lens on the D3. On that camera the lens performed well, I had not wanted to use it on the D800, believing it would fall short. Much to my surprise it does not, it is already very sharp at 3.5 and does not improve much in sharpness closing down, but it does improve contrast and illumination.

Like the 15mm 5.6 it is plenty sharp for the D800 but you must focus with the field of curvature very much in mind or the corners will not be sharp. you will also not be able to have near and far corners sharp at any aperture at the same time, must focus taking care of the field match to the lens curvature of focus.

I only have a few lenses that show totally clear glass, absolutely no dust or anything else under sunlight, this is one of them.

Enough words.

Now the UD at 3.5, yes this is 3.5 with some fixing of the vignette. There is significant depth of focus in the central area

nikom nikkor 20mm 3.5 nkj D800 at 3.5 Escondido Center for the arts by Rafael CA, on Flickr

A crop of this

nikom nikkor 20mm 3.5 nkj UD D800 at 3.5 Escondido Center for the arts crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 20mm 3.5 UD at 8 D800 Escondido CA Center for the arts by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Crop

nikon nikkor 20mm 3.5 UD at 8 D800 Escondido CA Center for the arts crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Now at 3.5 using the natural signature of the lens to create an effect, sun colored yellow. No Photoshop, Lens-a-shop.

Memorial.

nikon nikkor 20mm 3.5 UD at 3.5 D800 Escondido CA Center for the arts memorial by Rafael CA, on Flickr

May 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM
rafaelcasd

Enough words.

A crop of this

Crop

Now at 3.5 using the natural signature of the lens to create an effect, sun colored yellow. No Photoshop, Lens-a-shop.

Memorial.

nikon nikkor 20mm 3.5 UD at 8 D800 Escondido CA Center for the arts memorial by Rafael CA, on Flickr

May 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11579386 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.