Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #11579029 « Adding a quick column to a TC23 »

ben egbert
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Adding a quick column to a TC23

craig_k wrote:
tvc-23 (3section)catalog says its max height is 52.4...add a quick column and its 12\" add-on or up to 64.4
tvc23 is 830 +88 for qc=918
what is your height appx?
the tvc-24 L (4section) is max 66.75...list for 935
what made you go with the tvc 23 to start with over the 24 model...3 sections for stability? just curious, as one who is looking at this setup with same consideration as you just experienced i\'ve wondered if the 4 section model is what one should go with over the tvc 23 with qc.........i cannot help think the majority of % of buyers are faced with this equation.....its delayed my action now for weeks.....its less than $20 difference for the 3section tvc 23 w\\qc initialy but what will quality controll if the qc is extended stability-wise vs. effect the 4 section leg stability vs 3 section .........the extended max heights for any model are prominently displayed so what was the surprise that the tvc ended up being too short?.......i dont believe anyone wants to really buy a great deal more height than they think will ever be necessary for their historical usage due to stability issues....just curious why you ended up with that tvc 23 w\\o the qc when initially you said you questioned yourself if that would be enough height? ....we all want to get it right to start with...thanks for any candid input forthcoming as it\'ll be excellant knowledge base for all of us who are wrestling with this senerio presently

4 sections are too many legs to deal with. I set my old tripod at 52 and decided it makes me lean over a bit but was acceptable. My old Gitzo fully extended is too high. This tripod will be fine with a center column. Just need to figure out what parts to buy.

It is a great tripod and seems very stable, especially when I hang the bag from it. My old tripod was aluminum and was great for when I had a 500mm lens and gimbal. But I know longer have that.

May 26, 2013 at 07:30 PM

Previous versions of ben egbert's message #11579029 « Adding a quick column to a TC23 »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.