Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of SargentRay's message #11565206 « Greetings from Montreal »

SargentRay
Upload & Sell: Off
Greetings from Montreal

Hello all, new member here and of course this is the first time i post pictures outside the photo forums i hang out in at home. I'm an avid amateur but was once a working photographer in a past life having studied photography in the 80's. Almost 52 y.o. now and only went digital 2 years ago as i started shooting sports for my son's football league. One thing led to another and i covered a few local events and got a few paying gigs from folks having seen some of my work. just thought i'd share a few of them with you, simply to get new eyes to constructively see and criticize my pictures. For the moment i rely on my trustworthy D3s along with a 24-70 and a 70-200, recently added the TC20-EIII until i can afford a 400. I'm planning to do sports shooting in one way or another once i retire from the force, been a cop for 26 years now and have 3 years to go before i hand in my papers.
If at one time i was an architectural photographer i can tell you sport shooting has become a real passion for me. Here the sports season is really short aside from hockey during winter we only have 3-4 months of relatively nice weather, also 70% of my football pictures are done at night in poorly lit city parks, but i do my best.

1-)

2-)

3-)

4-)

5-)

6-)

May 20, 2013 at 08:21 PM
SargentRay
Greetings from Montreal

Hello all, new member here and of course this is the first time i post pictures outside the photo forums i hang out in at home. I'm an avid amateur but was once a working photographer in a past life having studied photography in the 80's. Almost 52 y.o. now and only went digital 2 years ago as i started shooting sports for my son's football league. One thing led to another and i covered a few local events and got a few paying gigs from folks having seen some of my work. just thought i'd share a few of them with you, simply to get new eyes to constructively see and criticize my pictures. For the moment i rely on my trustworthy D3s along with a 24-70 and a 70-200, recently added the TC20-EIII until i can afford a 400. I'm planning to do sports shooting in one way or another once i retire from the force, been a cop for 26 years now and have 3 years to go before i hand in my papers.
If at one time i was an architectural photographer i can tell you sport shooting has become a real passion for me. Here the sports season is really short aside from hockey during winter we only have 3-4 months of relatively nice weather, also 70% of my football pictures are done at night in poorly lit city parks, but i do my best.

1-)

2-)

3-)

4-)

5-)

6-)
1-)

2-)

3-)

4-)

5-)

6-)

May 20, 2013 at 08:20 PM
SargentRay
Greetings from Montreal

1-)

2-)

3-)

4-)

5-)

6-)

May 20, 2013 at 02:41 PM
SargentRay
Greetings from Montreal

1-)

2-)

3-)

4-)

5-)

6-)

May 20, 2013 at 05:21 AM

Previous versions of SargentRay's message #11565206 « Greetings from Montreal »