Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of eyelaser's message #11563748 « Living together in the Serengeti #9 »

eyelaser
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Living together in the Serengeti #9

Quite interesting Charlie. Once I got over that lucky baby in the last I went back to the wildlife....Darwinian forces at their finest...read about the Wandernet...a collection of blood vessels in the head of these long necked creatures. First seen in the Okapi it was the adaptation that allowed these animals to develop their unique anatomy. I happened to be looking at slides (egads!) from my honeymoon trip to Kenya and found the one of the only gerenuk we saw...it is an amazing antelope and you captured it wonderfully.
We also had encounters with local villages at a time before it was devised as a money making scheme....absolutely fascinating...my wife's souvenir was getting hit about the legs by the umbilical cord from a new born cow...now how's that for a honeymoon memory!
Eric

May 19, 2013 at 03:16 PM

Previous versions of eyelaser's message #11563748 « Living together in the Serengeti #9 »