Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of asiostygius's message #11562526 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

asiostygius
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well Curtis, you might be creating a "monster"

During this busy week I made this preliminary 105mm + 135/2 bokeh "battle"; but conditions were not ideal (no sun to reflect in the background leaves, and I did not include neither the 105/2.8 micro nor the 105-PC. Who knows one day I perform a more complete test.
Anyway here we go:
All shots straight from the camera/no edit (except cropping) - ViewNX2 conversion to jpge - FastStone Viewer - Printscreen command - CS5 resizing - save to web format.

Just as a reference this is the general scene with the reddish rectangle showing the cropped area. The subject is truly a "banal" palm leaf at ~6m, with three leaves some 20-25m behind.

Nikkor 105mm-bokeh-battle-general-scene by labecoaves, on Flickr

Wide open:

105Px105gaussx135f2-wide-open by labecoaves, on Flickr

At f/2.8:

105Px105gaussx135f2-at-f28 by labecoaves, on Flickr

Surprisingly the 1964 made Sonnar appears to be as good or even slight better () than the Gauss AI version, but the Queen seems to be the 135mmf/2, even at f/2.8.

May 19, 2013 at 02:07 AM
asiostygius
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well Curtis, you might be creating a "monster"

During this busy week I made this preliminary 105mm + 135/2 bokeh "battle"; but conditions were not ideal (no sun to reflect in the background leaves, and I don't included neither the 105/2.8 micro nor the 105-PC. Who knows one day I perform a more complete test.
Anyway here we go:
All shots straight from the camera/no edit (except cropping) - ViewNX2 conversion to jpge - FastStone Viewer - Printscreen command - CS5 resizing - save to web format.

Just as a reference this is the general scene with the reddish rectangle showing the cropped area. The subject is truly a "banal" palm leaf at ~6m, with three leaves some 20-25m behind.

Nikkor 105mm-bokeh-battle-general-scene by labecoaves, on Flickr

Wide open:

105Px105gaussx135f2-wide-open by labecoaves, on Flickr

At f/2.8:

105Px105gaussx135f2-at-f28 by labecoaves, on Flickr

Surprisingly the 1964 made Sonnar appears to be as good or even slight better () than the Gauss AI version, but the Queen seems to be the 135mmf/2, even at f/2.8.

May 18, 2013 at 09:05 PM

Previous versions of asiostygius's message #11562526 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »