Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of pburke's message #11557245 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

pburke
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I think you should keep the 55 Peter, especially at that price. It is a versatile lens and a nice focal length for walking around campus. Wonderful set with a bit of whimsy, which is always welcome. I\'ve only visited Madison once and that a weekend jaunt with a bunch of college friends from Minneapolis. I grew up in Richfield, a suburb to the south of the city but left a long time ago for warmer climes... Seeing your mountain photos it is clear you have no aversion to snow and cold, but actually seek it out. I don\'t understand people like you...

I am happy, however, that you\'ve decided to spend a bit more time on this thread and that you\'re sharing your experience with these classic lenses.

thanks Curtis, I do plan to keep the lens, although it is not going on any mountain climbs. Regarding cold - Minnesota is stupid cold and literally in a different climate zone (Madison is that little greed dot at the bottom of WI in this map). We don\'t have natural air conditioning here like you do, but you can dress for the cold, not for 100F with 100% humidity. Biggest advantage of the cold - it kills bugs dead once a year. The winters are just a little too long for me - I grew up in central Germany where the trees get green in April. We are just starting to see the trees get leaves here in mid May now.

Finally spring - even in the concrete canyons downtown (55mm again)

we even have flowers now

May 16, 2013 at 08:22 AM

Previous versions of pburke's message #11557245 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.