Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Gunzorro's message #11555733 « 45mm & 90mm TS-E, with 1.4X Extender »

Gunzorro
Upload & Sell: On
45mm & 90mm TS-E, with 1.4X Extender

The madness continues!

I've been wanting to complete my TS-E collection for some while now, and finally accomplished that goal. Along with having the four lenses is the need/desire for the EF 1.4X Extender II (or any other version, they all seem to work well with the TS-E lenses as far as I've seen). A 2X Extender will work too, but. . . why?

Now the hard work of cataloging the effects of the lens angle of view and IQ alone, and as influenced by the Extender.

The subjects are all simple outdoor scenes (sorry Carsten, if you are looking in) around my house.

I'll start with the 45 alone, which provides the widest angle, then the 45 + 1.4X (63mm equiv.), then 90 alone, and finally 90 + 1.4X for the narrowest angle of view (126mm equiv.). So, the focal lengths provided by using the 1.4X are: 45mm, 63mm, 90mm, 126mm. A very nice range.

I've tried to make some adjustments to the color, but I've noticed some shifting between the 45 and the 90, and another slight shift using the 1.4X on both. Nothing extreme or out of the ballpark, but a challenge to eyeball for correction. Other PP included exposure, sharpening and check box for CA correction (none really needed on the 90, but the 45 benefits). All shots hand held.

May 15, 2013 at 09:38 PM

Previous versions of Gunzorro's message #11555733 « 45mm & 90mm TS-E, with 1.4X Extender »