Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Lisa_Holloway's message #11553199 « My favorite newborn session to date... »

Lisa_Holloway
Upload & Sell: Off
My favorite newborn session to date...

This newborn session is everything I want my newborn work to be...simple, organic, natural, sweet, and all about the baby. So much newborn work these days seems to be a competition between photographers as to who can outdo who when it comes to props/poses/etc (I've even seen photogs shoving a newborn baby into a glass jar full of candy). Sadly, the focus has shifted so far from the baby that you don't even know what you are supposed to be looking at. When I was first starting out, I think I tried a little bit of everything that was trendy or popular at the time from ugly props (I had some doozies) to what I lovingly refer to as 'bleaching the baby' (editing that takes almost all natural color out of their skin), and even some (IMO) ridiculous poses. So this is where I'm at now and I can finally say that I'm happy with my newborn work. And I think I'm finally figuring out my macro lens and I kinda love it!

Meet baby Bishop...

May 14, 2013 at 09:56 PM

Previous versions of Lisa_Holloway's message #11553199 « My favorite newborn session to date... »