Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of rscheffler's message #11552552 « Leica M/X/T Picture Thread »

rscheffler
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Great set Allen (and the previous pages too)! I'm really drawn to the simplicity of #2.
Yes, this thread has been moving along - very nice work over the last few pages Edward, Joe, Michael, Phil, Doug.
Wow, Ash, you certainly get to some interesting places. Any special challenges/precautions for that location?

Here are a few from a few weeks ago... trying to make a go of an early season bbq and relaxing at the beach along the north shore of Lake Erie. It was a bit cool and windy, so set up in the brush by the beach, but eventually noticed quite a number of ticks crawling around that motivated us to migrate back to the beach.

First with 21 SEM, the rest with 50 Lux ASPH. The third image is a fairly strong crop. In this case, I kinda like the odd shapes created by the aperture, which was between 2.8-4 (I believe the 75/2 also exhibits similar).
I was hoping to get some starburst effects off the specular reflections in the water, but either it was a bit too cloudy or it just doesn't happen as easily with the 50 Lux ASPH as I remember it happening with the ZM50/2...

Regarding the 90 Summarit: it's definitely a very good lens. I have no hesitation using it for anything. I'm sure it's outclassed by the 90AA, but IMO the Summarit is a good compromise for the size and price point. I think the 75/2.5 is optically slightly better (it seems a touch sharper) and my brief time trying the 50/2.5 was very positive. Next I'll have to see if I can compare the 35/2.5 against the ZM35/2.8.

Joe, the135/4 is also a lens I've thought about getting... very nice results with it!

May 14, 2013 at 05:04 PM

Previous versions of rscheffler's message #11552552 « Leica M/X/T Picture Thread »