Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of mitesh's message #11552333 « Official: Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS 1.4X released! »

mitesh
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Official: Canon EF 200400mm f/4L IS 1.4X released!

jctriguy wrote:
Why? All the new super teles are 10k+ and if this has prime like performance and zoom versatility, sounds like a good deal.

Agreed (even though I have a hard time seeing a $12k purchase for a hobby as a "good deal".) I decided to pre-order the lens based on my observation that I delete as many or more photos because of excessively tight framing or chopped off wings than I do because of a lack of reach. Given the options for covering the 200mm-600mm hole in my FL coverage, this is actually a nice solution that is similarly priced as others and results in one lens for the job and no external TCs (I value convenience and simplicity). Of course, not everyone's needs/projected uses will be the same.

May 14, 2013 at 03:31 PM

Previous versions of mitesh's message #11552333 « Official: Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS 1.4X released! »