Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11549862 « ML added Continuous RAW recording to EOS 5D Mark III »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: ML added Continuous RAW recording to EOS 5D Mark III

But how the holy heck is that hackers with no documentation or even access to Digic can pull this off to early alpha stage in just like 3 weeks [OK getting to the point they do things at all took way longer but that is another matter] and Canon has had this locked away for over a year??

Is it really that marketing drones have truly taken over the company THAT much and are THAT fearful of product line protection and dribbling and milking?? I don\'t think even those of us most droning on about that sort of thing every imagined THIS much performance was getting locked away.

Jesus man if they released the camera like this last Spring the thing would\'ve still be permanently out of stock to this very day and made 5D2 sales look like a joke! There wasn\'t even remote competition for this when the 5D3 had first been released! Now they have it only in hack form which scares off many serious type shooters and many already ordered Black Magic and such. If you read all the cinema blgos and forums people were thirsting for something of this nature a year ago.

Man, OK maybe the D800 would\'ve had the 36MP and the low ISO DR last year but Canon woulda made them silly with video. Nothing Nikon has to do this very day is within 100miles video-wise. And this seems to suddenly shut down the whole GH2/GH3 craze just like that too.

-------------------------------------

They also just discovered true RAW histograms too (and this is good for stills only folks too)! Which had also been locked away this whole time.

-------------------------

Damn do I wish Canon had given it this to begin with for my Vermont trip last fall when the trees where the best color seen since the 1960s according to some. At least my stills came out great.

May 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM
skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: ML added Continuous RAW recording to EOS 5D Mark III

But how the holy heck is that hackers with no documentation or even access to Digic can pull this off to early alpha stage in just like 3 weeks [OK getting to the point they do things at all took way longer but that is another matter] and Canon has had this locked away for over a year??

Is it really that marketing drones have truly taken over the company THAT much and are THAT fearful of product line protection and dribbling and milking?? I don\'t think even those of us most droning on about that sort of thing every imagined THIS much performance was getting locked away.

Jesus man if they released the camera like this last Spring the thing would\'ve still be permanently out of stock to this very day and made 5D2 sales look like a joke! There wasn\'t even remote competition for this when the 5D3 had first been released! Now they have it only in hack form which scares off many serious type shooters and many already ordered Black Magic and such. If you read all the cinema blgos and forums people were thirsting for something of this nature a year ago.

Man, OK maybe the D800 would\'ve had the 36MP and the low ISO DR last year but Canon woulda made them silly with video. Nothing Nikon has to do this very day is within 100miles video-wise. And this seems to suddenly shut down the whole GH2/GH3 craze just like that too.

-------------------------------------

They also just discovered true RAW histograms too (and this is good for stills only folks too)! Which had also been locked away this whole time.

May 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11549862 « ML added Continuous RAW recording to EOS 5D Mark III »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.