Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of verbiage's message #11540354 « Official: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware v1.2.1 »

verbiage
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware v1.2.1

What we need now (okay, okay, what I need now, and maybe a few others ) is CA adjustment for various 1.4x & 2x combos in DPP. I was a little bummed not to be able to do it there on my 1.4x + 100-400mm shots (or on 28mm IS shots). Hopefully, the DPP will see an upgrade soon addressing this. I rather like the ease of CA adjustment in there and was trying to avoid upgrading to LR 4 and PS CS6.

I think - I am pretty sure even - I could do it in earlier versions of DPP with 1.4x + 100-400mm 1D IV CR2 files without any trouble; strange to see Canon apparently remove this functionality from DPP. The version that came with the 60D (3.9.1.0) could do it (I think), but it (obviously) doesn't support 5D III raws. It was one of the versions where the lens aberrations tab was also the NR tab and provided lens corrections for all lenses, not just a few Ls from the list.

Is there a DPP patch out there I've missed? (using version 3.11.31.0 that came with the 5D III)

Any thoughts? Solutions, workarounds you're using?

Thanks,
Slav

p.s. Maybe it's a question for the PP&P forum...

May 09, 2013 at 01:47 PM
verbiage
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware v1.2.1

What we need now (okay, okay, what I need now, and maybe a few others ) is CA adjustment for various 1.4x & 2x combos in DPP. I was a little bummed not to be able to do it there on my 1.4x + 100-400mm shots (or on 28mm IS shots). Hopefully, the DPP will see an upgrade soon addressing this. I rather like the ease of CA adjustment in there and was trying to avoid upgrading to LR 4 and PS CS6.

I think - I am pretty sure even - I could do it in earlier versions of DPP with 1.4x + 100-400mm 1D IV CR2 files without any trouble; strange to see Canon apparently remove this functionality from DPP. The version that came with the 60D could do it (I think), but it (obviously) doesn't support 5D III raws.

Is there a DPP patch out there I've missed? (using version 3.11.31.0 that came with the 5D III)

Any thoughts? Solutions, workarounds you're using?

Thanks,
Slav

May 09, 2013 at 05:59 AM

Previous versions of verbiage's message #11540354 « Official: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware v1.2.1 »