Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11537539 « What are your plans re-Adobe CC ? »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

I picked up the suite with CS6 (had been on CS3), so I'm gonna be good for quite a long time. I don't shoot the latest camera's so the need for upgrades isn't gonna come around too soon either.

As long as you're on CS5 or CS6 and have support for your camera via LR or PS, I don't see it being near the issue that everyone makes it out to be. If you are a high dollar kinda person that has to have the latest & greatest that Canon, Nikon or Sony comes out with every generation, then you really shouldn't be quibbling over a few hundred extra dollars spread out over time. And if you are that person, you've probably already got your own version of CS6 anyway, so you should be good for a while as is.

Yeah ... it is a bite in the backside that they have changed their model without giving us a choice, but I think the writing was on the wall when they had the upgrade debacle with CS6 earlier. It's easy to get all bent out of shape on it, but while everyone is clamoring about how they are gonna jump ship to C1 ... hmmm, that'll cost more than the difference @ PS. I think Adobe, did their homework ... and even if it does P.O. people at the notion of it ... I think we'll gripe about it a whole lot more than we'll actually switch.

Are there other options ... yup ... but if you've vested this much effort into learning the Adobe way ... the cost delta might be chump change compared to investing in and learning a new one. I figure that for some who were curious at C1, etc. ... this might push them that way out of spite, but for most serious PS users ... they'll stick with PS.

May 08, 2013 at 12:58 AM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: What are your plans re-Adobe CC ?

I picked up the suite with CS6 (had been on CS3), so I'm gonna be good for quite a long time. I don't shoot the latest camera's so the need for upgrades isn't gonna come around too soon either.

As long as you're on CS5 or CS6 and have support for your camera via LR or PS, I don't see it being near the issue that everyone makes it out to be. If you are a high dollar kinda person that has to have the latest & greatest that Canon, Nikon or Sony comes out with every generation, then you really shouldn't be quibbling over a few hundred extra dollars spread out over time. And if you are that person, you've probably already got your own version of CS6 anyway, so you should be good for a while as is.

Yeah ... it is a bite in the backside that they have changed their model without giving us a choice, but I think the writing was on the wall when they had the upgrade debacle with CS6 earlier. It's easy to get all bent out of shape on it, but while everyone is clamoring about how they are gonna jump ship to C1 ... hmmm, that'll cost more than the difference @ PS. I think Adobe, did their homework ... and even if it does P.O. people at the notion of it ... I think we'll gripe about it a whole lot more than we'll actually switch.

May 08, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11537539 « What are your plans re-Adobe CC ? »