Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11536987 « Buying used: 1ds, 5D, or 7D? »

StillFingerz
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Buying used: 1ds, 5D, or 7D?

ECF died with the EOS-3 film bodies and I agree, such a shame Canon didn\'t keep it going, refine it, make it better. I still have two EOS-3s and doubt I\'ll part with them.

With regards to the 5D vs 7D choice, for IQ at ISOs at or below 800 the 5D IMO is simply magic, it\'s huge pixels just produce a smoothness in tonality that APS-C sensors do not, but the 5D has no liveview, no sensor based auto dust removal and it\'s AF is old and not anything like the 7D\'s. With a 5D you are pretty much limited to using the center point for AF, and must use the recompose method or manual focus. The 5D\'s AF isn\'t much if any better then your current Rebel. It\'s pluses are it\'s beautiful low ISO IQ and that big bright viewfinder just like film cameras have...

There are several FMers that shoot exclusively with the 5D and 7D. for the 5D check out 15Bit/Jool\'s images, for the 7D take a look at Imagemaster/Tony\'s images, both of these guys/shooters create some great imagery...I\'d send a message to each and get their advice/comments....suggestions.

Jerry

May 07, 2013 at 03:05 PM

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11536987 « Buying used: 1ds, 5D, or 7D? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.