Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Ho1972's message #11535948 « Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only! »

Ho1972
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Adobe just "Jumped the Shark"

Peter Figen wrote:
I would think that for the casual user it\'s a lot easier to say that you\'re going to stop here and now and tell Adobe to shove off, but for those professionals among us, it\'s going to be a lot more difficult. No matter how much I hate the subscription service, I will have no choice, as I have to stay current for the type of work that I do.

I know professionals who are still using CS2. I honestly don\'t remember any features introduced in the last several versions that would cripple me creatively if I had to do without them. Puppet Warp? Please...

Sure, there are workflow shifting advances like Smart Objects, but they come along so rarely that they are the exception rather than the rule — and precious few of those would be considered critical. I\'m confident that I can ride the last version of CS into the sunset without any real fear of being left behind.

I guess if I still had 20 years or so left to work that I might feel differently and sign on for the subscription, but there\'s absolutely no guarantee that Adobe would survive those 20 years along with me. If Adobe goes out of business, will they offer a patch that lets their software function in perpetuity without having to connect to their soon-to-be-dark servers?

Or will everyone be left rummaging through their closets looking for that magic version of CS2?

May 07, 2013 at 04:26 AM

Previous versions of Ho1972's message #11535948 « Adobe Photoshop & Creative Suite Subscription-only! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.