Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Tenn.Jer's message #11534095 « Anyone up/in for a "Canon Spring 2013" Thread??? »

Tenn.Jer
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Anyone up/in for a "Canon Spring 2013" Thread???

I rarely get the opportunity for "event" photography, but I recently spent four days at a music festival in North Carolina. As the designated family photographer, I try to strike a balance between enjoying the music, the atmosphere, and the wealth of photographic subjects. Still, I ended up with 2000 exposures, finally whittled down to 250 or so which I share with my two brothers and their families who, with me and mine, make this annual pilgrimage to the Appalachian Mountains.

Gearishly speaking, I primarily used a 5DIII and the versatile 70-200 2.8 II. My night time concert lenses were 135L and 200 1.8L, with 85 1.2L for around the campfire...On Sunday, the bottom fell out and a steady rain poured down all day long. My 1DIV saved the day, though, and came through the deluge undampened, allowing me the opportunity to capture all those umbrellas and muddy feet for posterity ...

I won't drag this out with countless mediocre shots of unknown guitar players and dancing festival goers, but here's four of my favorites, just as a representation, before I go back to my flowers, birds, and countryside views...

The first three were made with 70-200 f/2.8 II, the last with 200 1.8L..

Thanks for listening...

Jerry

May 06, 2013 at 04:49 PM

Previous versions of Tenn.Jer's message #11534095 « Anyone up/in for a "Canon Spring 2013" Thread??? »