Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11528354 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Been too busy with work to stay up to date, did see the comments about the 8mm, this lens is actually not heavy at all, I love owning it and it takes very sharp photos on the D800 but it is hard to use creatively, once in a while I get a really nice shot. Its real use are three shot 360 degree panoramas, which I don't care for

But forget avout the 8mm, I am now a member of the most exclusive lens clique ever, a proud owner of a 200 mm 1:4 QC ai converted. Only Jose and Curtis share this privilege.

The lens I bought on ebay for $32 had a big defect with a spacer between the front elements whacked out of place, but its ai kit #50 was in perfect conditon so the lens became an organ donor.

Hate doing ai conversions, particularly on philips head screws as I always mess at least one up. This time it happened again, but I have learned to drill and ream the little buggers out, shame for the 28mm NC that was lost in the learning.

Here is my old lens with the donated ai kit, as is customary in these occassions the closest focal length relatives party up.

No post on any of these.

nikon nikkor 200mm 4 QC D3 with relatives 2 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 200mm 4 QC D3 with relatives by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Here is the first non film picture with it

nikon nikkor 200mm 4 QC D3 f 8 flowers no post by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 200mm 4 QC D3 f 8 landscape no post by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The next one is a test at f/4 with a crop.

nikon nikkor 200mm 4 QC D3 full open landscape by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The crop, I will leave the detailed testing to Jose, but I am very happy with this lens, it is light, focuses like silk and fits the hand so well. It also transitions from in focus to out of focus areas with much grace.

nikon nikkor 200mm 4 QC D3 full open landscape crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

May 03, 2013 at 07:34 PM

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11528354 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »