Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11521042 « Official: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware v1.2.1 »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware v1.2.1

Interesting sample tweeted by James Miller, link to the drop box he put it up at:

Both taken with internal recording and same settings.

The biggest difference might be the output in general, not comparing internal vs external (where, at least for static stuff without high-frequency color details, the difference seems to be near nil).

Maybe it does grab more details and not mush details in shadows as much now.

So maybe might initial feeling that is was more detailed really was correct (keep going back and forth)

Of course tests are tricky, a slight change in focus or a bad frame selection can toss the results, but assuming his shot tells the tale I guess I was correct in my first feeling that wow it did get a bit crisper. I later deleted that post, but I guess I had been right on my initial take after all.

(I do wonder about some of the very odd artifacts that I seem to see at times now though, a few seemed a little nasty an done was very bizarre. Slight bumps to camera made leaves and sticks on ground dance and crawl in a sorta weird way that I don't happened with the old firmware.)

And a sample video he took with the new firwmare: http://vimeo.com/64902903

Apr 30, 2013 at 07:25 PM
skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware v1.2.1

Interesting sample tweeted by James Miller, link to the drop box he put it up at:

Both taken with internal recording and same settings.

The biggest difference might be the output in general, not comparing internal vs external (where, at least for static stuff without high-frequency color details, the difference seems to be near nil).

Maybe it does grab more details and not mush details in shadows as much now.

So maybe might initial feeling that is was more detailed really was correct (keep going back and forth)

Of course tests are tricky, a slight change in focus or a bad frame selection can toss the results, but assuming his shot tells the tale I guess I was correct in my first feeling that wow it did get a bit crisper. I later deleted that post, but I guess I had been right on my initial take after all.

(I do wonder about some of the very odd artifacts that I seem to see at times now though, a few seemed a little nasty an done was very bizarre. Slight bumps to camera made leaves and sticks on ground dance and crawl in a sorta weird way that I don't happened with the old firmware.)

Apr 30, 2013 at 07:20 PM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11521042 « Official: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware v1.2.1 »