Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11520813 « Official: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware v1.2.1 »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Official: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware v1.2.1

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
I\'m confused by the talk of the 70-300L . I didn\'t think it had the extra contacts that comunicate with the TC . If it has then ok I read the wrong info , but if it hasn\'t then how does the camera know a TC is in place or not ? . given that its the TC that tells the lens its present and the lens that tells the camera.

It doesn\'t. But two people claim (without a 1DX I can\'t personally verify, maybe they have no clue) that it reports f/8 and works on the 1DX though.

Also some people report that the Kenko 1.4 Pro + 70-300L now reports f/8 and works.

At the very least the Kenko scenario proves that there has to be a way to trick it into reporting even without the pins.

Maybe the 1DX guys were clueless and it doesn\'t report and the 1.4x III chip can\'t be modified in any way, etc. and it\'s not possible. All I can say is the two people who claim to have that combo and say that they tried told me it reports f/8 and works. Maybe they made some mistake and told me false info, if so and it\'s simply impossible to make the 1.4x TC III report the combo with that lens, then obviously it\'s simply very unfortunate but nothing they could\'ve done and we\'ll have to be happy that it at least now works with the Kenko (and interesting that in knowing they\'d have to pull more tricks that the kenko tc was designed with a more flexible IC). I don\'t know. On the 5D3 with 1.2.1 it reports f/5.6 and doesn\'t work.

Apr 30, 2013 at 01:02 PM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #11520813 « Official: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware v1.2.1 »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.