Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #11515715 « Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar vs Canon EF 135mm f/2L »

gdanmitchell
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar vs Canon EF 135mm f/2L

Sven Jeppesen wrote:
No way you can correct distortion, vignetting and severe CA in PS or LR with no degradation of IQ.
And in a large print it will not look the same as a lens that is perfect from the start.

Do you state this based on your personal experience producing a lot of very large prints, or is this speculation?

I regularly make large prints myself on an in-house Epson 7900. My experience with producing such prints from photographs made with several full-frame and a few cropped-sensor cameras and wide range of lenses including the Canon 135mm f/2 L does not correspond to your claims at all.

Besides which, there is no "severe CA" from the 135mm f/2 lens and distortion and vignetting are extremely low with this lens.

R3medy wrote:
This Zeiss clearly destroys Canon wide open.

"... clearly destroys..." - Nonsense and hyperbole. Enjoy! ;-)

Moving on...

On a separate issue that seemed to become a concern for some, I probably do something like 80%-90% of my work from the tripod and using MF in live view. I'm very critical about image quality and I don't tend to "spray and pray" - with some exceptions when shooting certain types of wildlife and some sports.

Dan

Apr 28, 2013 at 05:32 PM
gdanmitchell
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar vs Canon EF 135mm f/2L

Sven Jeppesen wrote:
No way you can correct distortion, vignetting and severe CA in PS or LR with no degradation of IQ.
And in a large print it will not look the same as a lens that is perfect from the start.

Do you state this based on your personal experience producing a lot of very large prints, or is this speculation?

I regularly make large prints myself on an in-house Epson 7900. My experience with producing such prints from photographs made with several full-frame and a few cropped-sensor cameras and wide range of lenses including the Canon 135mm f/2 L does not correspond to your claims at all.

Besides which, there is no "severe CA" from the 135mm f/2 lens and distortion and vignetting are extremely low with this lens.

R3medy wrote:
This Zeiss clearly destroys Canon wide open.

"... clearly destroys..." - Nonsense and hyperbole. Enjoy! ;-)

Moving on...

On a separate issue that seemed to become a concern for some, I probably do something like 80%-90% of my work from the tripod and using MF in live view. I've very critical about image quality and I don't tend to "spray and pray" - with some exceptions when shooting certain types of wildlife and some sports.

Dan

Apr 28, 2013 at 04:15 PM

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #11515715 « Zeiss 135mm f/2 Apo Sonnar vs Canon EF 135mm f/2L »