Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of warpedwoof's message #11509989 « lens issue / please help »

warpedwoof
Upload & Sell: Off
lens issue / please help

My secondhand Zeiss 16-35mm f2.8 lens has an issue that seems obvious to me that I would heartily appreciate your thoughts about. I bought this lens so that I could take full-frame, urban/architectural, low-light, wide-open shots if necessary. Printed to large sizes. The issue exists from 20mm on. The seller thinks there is nothing wrong with it. I won't say what I believe the issue is to avoid biasing the response.

I've provided links to 4 full-size, unprocessed jpgs from RAWs of a textured-brick wall, trees, house and horizon. Because they are large files they'll take a moment to fully show in your browser. Please increase page size so that the image is substantially larger than your screen size because they were taken on a 24mm camera. They can also be downloaded for view in your image processor.

I know I'm asking a lot, but your response could make a difference with a costly lens. As many responses as possible will substantiate my concern about the issue. Thank you very kindly.

wall
house
trees
marsh

Apr 25, 2013 at 08:12 PM
warpedwoof
Upload & Sell: Off
lens issue / please help

My secondhand Zeiss 16-35mm f2.8 lens has an issue that seems obvious to me that I would heartily appreciate your thoughts about. I bought this lens so that I could take full-frame, urban/architectural, low-light, wide-open shots if necessary. Printed to large sizes. The issue exists from 20mm on. The seller thinks there is nothing wrong with it. I won't say what I believe the issue is to avoid biasing the response.

I've provided links to 4 full-size, unprocessed jpgs from RAWs of a textured-brick wall, trees, house and horizon. Because they are large files they'll take a moment to fully show in your browser. Please increase page size so that the image is substantially larger than your screen size because they were taken on a 24mm camera. They can also be downloaded for view in your image processor.

I know I'm asking a lot, but your response could make a difference with a costly lens. Thank you very kindly.

wall
house
trees
marsh

Apr 25, 2013 at 05:42 PM

Previous versions of warpedwoof's message #11509989 « lens issue / please help »