Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11501063 « Filters: Yes, No or Sometimes... »

StillFingerz
Upload & Sell: Off
Filters: Yes, No or Sometimes...

As I\'ve moved beyond the cheaper Canon lenses, picking up more f4 level L primes/zooms, sticking with only a few faster non-L primes, I\'ve been shooting mostly bare; no UV filters. This practice came to light as I was going through my gear bags/cases, UV protective filter intended for their lenses are still sealed in their cases.

A new habit I guess, as back in my film days, initial foray into EOS AF gear, I always had Hoya\'s of some level. I\'ve not been one to abuse my gear, kept it clean always. As of late here on FM I\'ve noticed images and a few comments noting some pretty ugly behavior when using protective filters.

I shoot mainly hand-held in non-hostile environments, the beach on occasion, but mostly arboretums, gardens and parks, some kids sports, and have as of late only been using hoods for protection...77mm is the largest filter I will/would probably use.

So my questions to the masses/masters here on FM...
1 - Do you or don\'t you use filters?
2 - What brands do you recommend?
3 - With regards to a CPL, what brand is the best?
4 - Am I nuts for not wanting to use a protective filter?

Any thoughts, help would be greatly appreciated...
Jerry

Apr 21, 2013 at 05:03 PM

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11501063 « Filters: Yes, No or Sometimes... »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.