Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of BrianO's message #11485877 « Increasing the value of art »

BrianO
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Increasing the value of art

Lee Wiren wrote: ...I wanted to hear some opinions about increasing the value of art in a different fashion than the norm.

Really, if the photos are good enough that people want them for art's sake, limited editions are the best way to increase the price of any given image.

If you don't want to limit the editions, then you might consider doing a few limited editions as very high quality, signed and numbered, giclee prints, and then offering the same image in an unlimited series printed at a smaller size and on lesser -- but still good -- paper.

In your catalog, be sure to list both styles for all images so that buyers of the limited editions don't feel ripped off later if they see the unlimited series. You can also specify an expiration date for the LE prints, and state that the UL series will go on sale only after the LE prints are gone, or something along those lines.

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Previous versions of BrianO's message #11485877 « Increasing the value of art »