Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of wfrank's message #11485402 « Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion »

wfrank
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion

Thanks guys for kind words. Luka, the only thing that Sweden may have been ahead in there is brutal cost effective building style or something, not the fine art of design :o)

Gregg, I would expect the 50/1.7 to be very sharp stopped down @ infinity. FWIW, as an example, the 28/2.8 is remarkably varying with the tiniest adjustment. Some of the building shots from yesterday are tack sharp (@21MP/4-800ISO) but some arent. Perfect infinity on that lens is just before the hard stop but will have to be placed very exact. I shoot non-tripod/handheld so I have no patience to use LV and magnify and all that. The infinity marks (lying "8") first circle middle have to be at the distance mark, tolerance is that small. I had of course tested beforehand, for infinity I cant use the trusted OVF. Perhaps your lens is as demanding, just a thought.

BTW, really like #2 - makes me long even more for the late spring we have here.

Apr 14, 2013 at 08:28 PM

Previous versions of wfrank's message #11485402 « Zeiss Lens Photos and Discussion »