Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of jhinkey's message #11470202 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

jhinkey
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

Smaller cameras just don't feel comfortable in my hand. I might still have taken the plunge with the D600, keeping my D700, of course, except for the problems reported with that new camera. I know you haven't been troubled by dust or oil and I haven't heard complaints from Ray, so I'm assuming it is not a huge problem. But when I'm lukewarm about moving beyond the D700, such conversation diminishes my enthusiasm. I continue to look at both used D700s and refurbished D600s, but will likely do nothing but keep shooting with what I have.

For me, which average hands, etc. smaller cameras feel weird when up to my face, but much better when lugging them around. My FE2 feels so compact and light when it's slung around my shoulder, but really tiny and cramped when up to my face. My Panasonic GH-2 feels the same - great when not being used, but cramped when trying to operate it.

Kind of like a sub-compact car. Feels great in the driveway or parking spot and buzzing around downtown, but not so great when trying to haul people or furniture around. That's when I break out my neighbors pickup truck or our SUV . . .

That's why I'd love for Nikon to produce a DFM3A - same size, etc, but stripped down in capabilities (like no AF motor, no flash, low frame rate, single card, no video, etc. etc.). Yes it would be small, but minimize the buttons so you don't need all that surface area and I think it would be fine. It would be small and perhaps a bit cramped, but it would certainly be a joy to carry around - especially with my new-to-me 45/2.8P . . .

Apr 07, 2013 at 06:44 PM
jhinkey
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

Smaller cameras just don't feel comfortable in my hand. I might still have taken the plunge with the D600, keeping my D700, of course, except for the problems reported with that new camera. I know you haven't been troubled by dust or oil and I haven't heard complaints from Ray, so I'm assuming it is not a huge problem. But when I'm lukewarm about moving beyond the D700, such conversation diminishes my enthusiasm. I continue to look at both used D700s and refurbished D600s, but will likely do nothing but keep shooting with what I have.

For me, which average hands, etc. smaller cameras feel weird when up to my face, but much better when lugging them around. My FE2 feels so compact and light when it's slung around my shoulder, but really tiny and cramped when up to my face. My Panasonic GH-2 feels the same - great when not being used, but cramped when trying to operate it.

Kind of like a sub-compact car. Feels great in the driveway or parking spot and buzzing around downtown, but not so great when trying to haul people or furniture around. That's when I break out my neighbors pickup truck or our SUV . . .

Apr 07, 2013 at 06:40 PM

Previous versions of jhinkey's message #11470202 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »