Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of JWilsonphoto's message #11470033 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

JWilsonphoto
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Ashton wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Fresh off the press. Risking life and limb was well worth this image. The D800 and this scene were a match made in heaven. Didn\'t even think about pulling the 1DX\'s out of the bag. Could be my favorite image of 2013...........

with talent like that you could get a gig with National Geographic

Great shot, by a man who knows his work

Tim

Thank you Tim! How\'s your \"little\" girl doing? I hope very, very well. BTW, Remember the story a zillion pages back about Nat Geo asking me to send my portfolio, then sitting on it for four month, culminating in it\'s return with a letter from an assistant to an assistant, suggesting that I might seek another career path? I think it went something like, \" We here at NG know the photographic industry better than about anyone and it is our opinion that you do not have the talent to succeed as a professional photographer.\" Well, I can\'t say that reading that wasn\'t a punch in the mid section, but then I decided that my current W-2 was already multiples of what the assistant to the assistant was taking home, so I just kept on shooting.

Driving home last night I felt very thankful. First that I wasn\'t mowed down in a drive by, robbed and tossed in the Trinity River, and second that I am Blessed to do what I love every single day of my life. For all of us, pro, serious amateur, fledgling beginner, to have a passion for the still image that drives us, keeps us chasing ever better images and techniques, brings us here with friends, photography is a blessing, one for which I am most grateful.

Apr 07, 2013 at 04:57 PM

Previous versions of JWilsonphoto's message #11470033 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »