Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of JWilsonphoto's message #11470033 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

JWilsonphoto
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Tim Ashton wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
Fresh off the press. Risking life and limb was well worth this image. The D800 and this scene were a match made in heaven. Didn't even think about pulling the 1DX's out of the bag. Could be my favorite image of 2013...........

with talent like that you could get a gig with National Geographic

Great shot, by a man who knows his work

Tim

Thank you Tim! How's your "little" girl doing? I hope very, very well. BTW, Remember the story a zillion pages back about Nat Geo asking me to send my portfolio, then sitting on it for four month, culminating in it's return with a letter from an assistant to an assistant, suggesting that I might seek another career path? I think it went something like, " We here at NG know the photographic industry better than about anyone and it is our opinion that you do not have the talent to succeed as a professional photographer." Well, I can't say that reading that wasn't a punch in the mid section, but then I decided that my current W-2 was already multiples of what the assistant to the assistant was taking home, so I just kept on shooting.

Driving home last night I felt very thankful. First that I wasn't mowed down in a drive by, robbed and tossed in the Trinity River, and second that I am Blessed to do what I love every single day of my life. For all of us, pro, serious amateur, fledgling beginner, to have a passion for the still image that drives us, keeps us chasing ever better images and techniques, brings us here with friends, photography is a blessing, one for which I am most grateful.

Apr 07, 2013 at 04:57 PM

Previous versions of JWilsonphoto's message #11470033 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »