Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11469233 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mark, great photos, Europe is such a classy place.

I couldn't sleep, not for lack of wanting, but due to a car that crashed into the fire hydrant besides my house. The driver walked away, the teenage son of a local teacher, his dad stopped by, I was glad his son was unhurt and did not want to ask how he came to leave 300 ft of skid marks on the wrong side of the road. Of the thousands of feet of empty land, how he hit the fire hydrant right on is not for me to know.

Took the D3 with the 35mm 2.0, good rig, but I made the mistake of setting the ISO to 3200. Too high for good photos, the SB900 did not need it.

This is what I got, most photos were ruined by the flah lighting up the mist.

nikon nikkor 35mm 2.0 ais no shower tomorrow D3 iso 3200 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

But then I took the D800 out with the 55mm 1.2 SC, at 2.8 and 4.0, ran iso only to 560, and this is what I got:

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 at 2.8 no sleep tonight, no shower tomorrow by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The crop, it is water mist that is robbing contrast and adding flare, not the lens

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 at 2.8 no sleep tonight, no shower tomorrow crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The fire engine, no water mist

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 at 2.8 no sleep tonight, no shower tomorrow fire engine by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The Crop -- good night!!!

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 at 2.8 no sleep tonight, no shower tomorrow fire engine crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Apr 07, 2013 at 04:28 PM
rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mark, great photos, Europe is such a classy place.

I couldn't sleep, not for lack of wanting, but due to a car that crashed into the fire hydrant besides my house.

Took the D3 with the 35mm 2.0, good rig, but I made the mistake of setting the ISO to 3200. Too high for good photos, the SB900 did not need it.

This is what I got, most photos were ruined by the flah lighting up the mist.

nikon nikkor 35mm 2.0 ais no shower tomorrow D3 iso 3200 by Rafael CA, on Flickr

But then I took the D800 out with the 55mm 1.2 SC, at 2.8 and 4.0, ran iso only to 560, and this is what I got:

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 at 2.8 no sleep tonight, no shower tomorrow by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The crop, it is water mist that is robbing contrast and adding flare, not the lens

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 at 2.8 no sleep tonight, no shower tomorrow crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The fire engine, no water mist

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 at 2.8 no sleep tonight, no shower tomorrow fire engine by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The Crop -- good night!!!

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 at 2.8 no sleep tonight, no shower tomorrow fire engine crop by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Apr 07, 2013 at 08:45 AM

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11469233 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »