Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11468873 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rafaelcasd
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I guess I will fail at my promise of no more test shots, well maybe at least Leighton will find this somewhat interesting.

I took two landscape pictures with the 55mm 1.2 SC on the D800 and I am about to prove to you that this lens is sharper at 1.2 than at 5.6 at this distance. It also has equal depth of field. No I do not indulge in single malt scotch. refer to the evidence.

First the full frame D800 at 1.2, contrast enhanced, no other changes from standard landscape pic control. No sharpening.

Please feel free to peruse full sized in flickr if you like to pass time.

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 1.2 D800 landscape by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 5.6 D800 landscape by Rafael CA, on Flickr

The following claims are laid: the 1.2 photo may glow with aberrations and has less contrast but it is sharper than the 5.6 and has identical depth of field.

The proof for depth of field, go look at full size in Flickr.

The proof for sharpness/definition: look at the birds

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 1.2 D800 landscape crop bird by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 5.6 D800 landscape crop bird by Rafael CA, on Flickr

There is more discernible detail in the 1.2 photo below that in the 5.6 one. This lens may peak at 2.8, will have to test that.
Now look at the 'yute'

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 1.2 D800 landscape crop yute by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 5.6 D800 landscape crop yute by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Now just for kicks a lake pic at 5.6 note the people on it

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 1.2 D800 landscape lake hodges by Rafael CA, on Flickr

It is a couple having their picture taken!

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 1.2 D800 landscape lake hodges crop photoshoot by Rafael CA, on Flickr

This particular sample curves the field in on the extreme right side, not the left, kind of interesting, but it does not ruin the photos. I am happy with it.

No more for now.

Apr 07, 2013 at 03:01 AM
rafaelcasd

I guess I will fail at my promise of no more test shots, well maybe at least Leighton will find this somewhat interesting.

I took two landscape pictures with the 55mm 1.2 SC on the D800 and I am about to prove to you that this lens is sharper at 1.2 than at 5.6 at this distance. It also has equal depth of field. No I do not indulge in single malt scotch. refer to the evidence.

First the full frame D800 at 1.2, contrast enhanced, no other changes from standard landscape pic control. No sharpening.

The following claims are laid: the 1.2 photo may glow with aberrations and has less contrast but it is sharper than the 5.6 and has identical depth of field.

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 1.2 D800 landscape crop bird by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 5.6 D800 landscape crop bird by Rafael CA, on Flickr

There is more discernible detail in the 1.2 photo below that in the 5.6 one. This lens may peak at 2.8, will have to test that.
Now look at the 'yute'

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 1.2 D800 landscape crop yute by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 5.6 D800 landscape crop yute by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 1.2 D800 landscape lake hodges by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 sc at 1.2 D800 landscape lake hodges crop photoshoot by Rafael CA, on Flickr

This particular lens curves the field in on the extreme right side, not the left, kind of interesting, but it does not ruin the photos. I am happy with it.

No more for now.

Apr 07, 2013 at 03:00 AM
rafaelcasd

There is more discernible detail in the 1.2 photo below that in the 5.6 one. Tis lens may peak at 2.8, will have to test that.
Now look at the 'yute'

This lens curves the field in on the extreme right side, not the left, kind of interesting, but it does not ruin the photos. I am happy with it.

No more for now.

Apr 07, 2013 at 02:58 AM
rafaelcasd

There is more discernible detail in the 1.2 photo below that in the 5.6 one.
Now look at the 'yute'

This lens curves the field in on the extreme right side, not the left, kind of interesting, but it does not ruin the photos. I am happy with it.

No more for now.

Apr 07, 2013 at 02:51 AM

Previous versions of rafaelcasd's message #11468873 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »