Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of asiostygius's message #11467512 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

asiostygius
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
designdog wrote:
Please illuminate me. This 55 1.2 sc is a non AI lens? So how do you get it to work on a Nikon dslr?

AI conversion. $30 plus shipping, unless you must go with the original conversion rings sold by Nikon years ago, which can be hard to find for the more common focal lengths. Example for a rare 15mm lens

Peter, another option, if you is good with handworks:
http://pindelski.org/Photography/2013/02/06/nikkor-ai-conversions-diy/

I know it will be considered blasphemy here, but it is just me.
While myself was at first eagerly looking at factory rings, right now I prefer to maintain the original aperture rings (mostly the scalloped ones). Ater no more than 10-15minutes of simple filing down work on the aperture ring at the right place (see link above) and a black paint final touch, the lesn is perfectly ai\'d and with the original ring. I am not good with handwork, but the procedure is so straightforward tha I was more than capable to do the job. Additionally, I noted that the aperture claw do not need to be filled down or removed forver, but it can be reisntalled at its original place without interfering with camera\'s aperture tab. This is great since no butchery work is needed. Unfortunately many people have unnecessarily destroyed the good looking of their lenses doing that butchery.
Right now I have a 16/3.5 and a 400/5.6 ai factory rings with no use...

Apr 06, 2013 at 08:39 AM
asiostygius
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

pburke wrote:
designdog wrote:
Please illuminate me. This 55 1.2 sc is a non AI lens? So how do you get it to work on a Nikon dslr?

AI conversion. $30 plus shipping, unless you must go with the original conversion rings sold by Nikon years ago, which can be hard to find for the more common focal lengths. Example for a rare 15mm lens

Peter, another option, if you is good handworks:
http://pindelski.org/Photography/2013/02/06/nikkor-ai-conversions-diy/

I know it will be considered blasphemy here, but it is just me. While myself was at first eagerly looking at factory rings, right now I prefer to maintain the original aperture rings (mostly the scalloped ones). Ater no more than 10-15minutes of simple filing down work on the aperture ring at the right place (see link above) and a black paint final touch, the lesn is perfectly ai\'d and with the original ring. I am not good with handwork, but the procedure is so straightforward tha I was more than capable to do the job. Additionally, I noted that the aperture claw do not need to be filled down or removed forver, but it can be reisntalled at its original place without interfering with camera\'s aperture tab. This is great since no butchery work is needed. Unfortunately many people have unnecessarily destroyed the good looking of their lenses doing that butchery.
Right now I have a 16/3.5 and a 400/5.6 ai factory rings with no use...

Apr 06, 2013 at 08:05 AM

Previous versions of asiostygius's message #11467512 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.