Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of 15Bit's message #11463360 « Mac advice please. »

15Bit
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Mac advice please.

I don't think there is an absence of love, just the realism that with an iMac you pay a lot of money for the design, and have to make some compromises on expansion. If you can afford, and are happy with the limitations, they are nice computers.

As far as I know Apple haven't made an MBP with a full quad core CPU (just dual core with hyperthreading), so performance will be lacking relative any form of modern desktop machine. For LR more cores do make a significant difference.

Given that LR can at times feel a bit laggy on my overclocked desktop, I would say get the fastest CPU you can in the MBP. The 2.8 or 2.9Ghz models probably have enough juice to run pretty well.

Apr 04, 2013 at 04:05 PM
15Bit
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Mac advice please.

I don't think there is an absence of love, just the realism that with an iMac you pay a lot of money for the design, and have to make some compromises on expansion. If you can afford, and are happy with the limitations, they are nice computers.

As far as I know Apple haven't made an MBP with a full quad core CPU (just dual core with hyperthreading), so performance will be lacking relative any form of modern desktop machine. For LR more cores do make a significant difference.

Apr 04, 2013 at 03:59 PM

Previous versions of 15Bit's message #11463360 « Mac advice please. »