Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of rolubich's message #11461664 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

rolubich
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Here are a couple of shots taken yesterday with Nikki. I'm still focused on the early part of the day beneath the fog. The first two are from Baker Beach and the last is from the road leading to the Palace of the Legion of Honor.

Beautiful series of the Golden Gate Bridge Curtis, this one and the previous ones.

CGrindahl wrote:
And here three from beneath the bridge as I walked from the parking area on the west side to the overlook on the east side. These are for the engineers among us... and the architects Scott...

I was surprised to learn that portions of the bridge over land ride on rubber cushions tended to isolate the bridge from earthquake jolts.

Here is a link to some facts about the bridge.

Golden Gate Bridge Facts

For instance, the weight of the cables and suspender cables is 24,500 TONS...

Thank you for the design detail pictures. As the rubber isolators technology was born in the lates '60, I think the GGB isolators have been placed after the bridge construction, it means they are looking after the bridge.

28-45mm f/4.5 @ 28mm and f/11, I really like this zoom.

2800x4200

Apr 03, 2013 at 09:10 PM

Previous versions of rolubich's message #11461664 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »