Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Glenn NK's message #11452518 « Replace DSLR with mirrorless? - mainly landscapes. »

Glenn NK
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Replace DSLR with mirrorless? - mainly landscapes.

galenapass wrote:

I looked at the X-E1 samples on DPR as well. It seemed that the Fuji examples were OOF. Did it not? I also wonder if the softness can be dealt with in post well.

The Fuji is attractive to me because the 18-55 has such good reviews.

For example,
http://www.photozone.de/fuji_x/783-fuji1855f284?start=1

I find myself undecided after all this research. Perhaps it is time to rent.

Considering the time and effort DRP puts into this, it would surprise me if the samples were OOF.

It's possible I suppose.

And yes, one must also consider the lenses, but assuming the samples are focused properly, then the good results for the Olympus shouldn't be resulst obtained with a bad lens.

Something is getting them results that are competitive with a 5DII (I usually change the default cameras in the comparisons to compare models I'm interested in and so that I have a reference - in my case the reference being a 5DII.).

Renting is not an option where I live, but fortunately, I can "borrow" and "test drive" the real thing for a few hours from the camera shop where I've been a regular customer. All I have to do is buy a small SD card. Both the Oly and the Fuji are in stock, and I've played with them in the store.

Glenn

Mar 30, 2013 at 05:25 PM

Previous versions of Glenn NK's message #11452518 « Replace DSLR with mirrorless? - mainly landscapes. »