Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Jeff Kott's message #11446611 « 2012-2013: Mirrorless down, DSLR up! »

Jeff Kott
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 2012-2013: Mirrorless down, DSLR up!

I think that for the average consumer in the US, the price of mirror-less cameras is too high in relation to the cost of an entry level Canon or Nikon DSLR and I don't think the companies making the mirror-less cameras have done a good job of education the average consumer that the performance is comparable to that of the DSLR with a size benefit.

In other words, I don't think mirror-less sales volumes in the US will take off until (1) the price comes down in relations to entry level DSLR's and the public becomes aware the you can achieve DSLR image quality with a mirror-less camera.

I don't think this is true in Japan and I don't know about other markets.

Also, the dominance of Canon and Nikon in retailers and brand acceptance in the US negatively impacts the mirror-less offerings of Oly, Panasonic and Sony.

Mar 27, 2013 at 09:32 PM

Previous versions of Jeff Kott's message #11446611 « 2012-2013: Mirrorless down, DSLR up! »