Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of rd4tile's message #11441285 « The "I just got my D7100" thread - first impressions, chatter, etc. »

rd4tile
Upload & Sell: On
Re: The "I just got my D7100" thread - first impressions, chatter, etc.

binary visions wrote:
I've posted my findings a couple times in the thread

Given that it's 11 pages, my quick recap is that my Sandisk Extreme Pro cards clear the buffer in <3 seconds from the time the camera stops shooting to when the buffer is completely empty, in 14-bit RAW you can get about 2.5 FPS basically forever, and in 12-bit RAW you can get about 3 FPS forever.

+1 - that sounds about right.

What was bothering me initially with my slower (133X) cards was I'd get that initial 6-7 shot burst but I wasn't getting any buffer recovery like I got used to on the D600. You sort of learn to subconsciously time your bursts to not let the body get to far behind and that wasn't working at all initially with the 7100. With the Sandisk Extreme pros I got back to feeling comfortable with that.

Mar 25, 2013 at 06:28 PM

Previous versions of rd4tile's message #11441285 « The &quot;I just got my D7100&quot; thread - first impressions, chatter, etc. »