Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of PetKal's message #11439553 « Need some help from expertise »

PetKal
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Need some help from expertise

It's backfocused......that happens all the time with perfectly calibrated lenses/cameras, on a target like yours. The reason is a compound one......the AF sensors are generally larger than we think + the AF system has a design tendency to focus on the closest object/detail.
Using a precision AF sensor that comes with more recent cameras helps with that problem.
Also, sufficient DoF mitigates (conceals) the problem.

I run into that thing all the time with shots like this when I just do not have enough DoF with a very long lens combo. Have to make absolutely sure thru VF verification that I've got AF placement on the eye, and not on the tail of the bird.

Mar 25, 2013 at 09:11 AM
PetKal

It's backfocused......that happens all the time with perfectly calibrated lenses/cameras, on a target like yours. The reason is a compound one......the AF sensors are generally larger than we think + the AF system has a design tendency to focus on the closest object/detail.
Using a precision AF sensor that comes with more recent cameras helps with that problem.

I run into that thing all the time with shots like this when I just do not have enough DoF with a very long lens combo. Have to make absolutely sure thru VF verification that I've got AF placement on the eye, and not on the tail of the bird.

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:56 AM
PetKal

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:55 AM
PetKal

Mar 25, 2013 at 01:55 AM
PetKal

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM
PetKal

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Previous versions of PetKal's message #11439553 « Need some help from expertise »