Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Mark_L's message #11437199 « Couple Double book Photographers...what to do? »

Mark_L
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Couple Double book Photographers...what to do?

Dave_EP wrote:
drive_75 wrote:I think what may happen is that they hired me and the hired the video guy and the video guy might have sold both service on a cheap package.

I agree. The video guy is probably trying to get in to photography as well, so probably offered this either free or really cheap in the hope of building a portfolio. I guess you need to watch their web site in the coming months to make sure none of your shots appear as theirs, which since they were there shooting too may all too easily happen as they mix them all up.

Definitely make sure all the EXIF stuff has your name and copyright embedded on all files you give the couple. While it's easy for people to strip this stuff, they may not think to look for it and so finding something on their site with your EXIF would be pretty damming.

This x100

If your coverage is only 4hrs you'd think there would be an easy agreement to be reached where he would cover the rest but I imagine like Dave suggests he probably offered coverage free for portfolio building and will never agree to this.

Mar 23, 2013 at 09:20 PM
Mark_L
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Couple Double book Photographers...what to do?

Dave_EP wrote:
drive_75 wrote:I think what may happen is that they hired me and the hired the video guy and the video guy might have sold both service on a cheap package.

I agree. The video guy is probably trying to get in to photography as well, so probably offered this either free or really cheap in the hope of building a portfolio. I guess you need to watch their web site in the coming months to make sure none of your shots appear as theirs, which since they were there shooting too may all too easily happen as they mix them all up.

Definitely make sure all the EXIF stuff has your name and copyright embedded on all files you give the couple. While it's easy for people to strip this stuff, they may not think to look for it and so finding something on their site with your EXIF would be pretty damming.

This x100

If your coverage is only 4hrs you'd think there would be an easy agreement to be reached where he would cover the rest but I imagine like Dave suggests he offered coverage free for portfolio building and will never agree to this.

Mar 23, 2013 at 09:18 PM

Previous versions of Mark_L's message #11437199 « Couple Double book Photographers...what to do? »