Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11431495 « Just announced: Canon Rebel SL1, T5i & Powershot SX-280 »

StillFingerz
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Just announced: Rebel SL1, T5i and Powershot SX-280!

MintMar wrote:
sqdstf wrote:
Wait a sec...so theoretically the T5i has better auto focus capabilities than the 6D?
Please tell me I'm wrong.

On paper, 650D already had it better. With the exception of light sensitivity, that is.

Well that depends on how you define better, both T bodies have more cross-type AF points then the 6D this is true, but all those cross-types are only sensitive to -0.5 ev and f5.6, ONLY the center point kicks in with with a diagonal cross with lenses of f2.8 or faster. The 6D has only one cross-type sensor at it's center AF point but it's sensitive to -3ev and the cross-type becomes diagonally active also with lenses that are f5.6 or faster.

I'm not defending Canon for putting only one cross-type AF sensor in the 6D, that's just nuts when they could have put the f5.6 sensitive cross-types for it's outer points. You find more folks putting fast primes and zooms on FF bodies, why Canon didn't go all cross-types is just a...WTF.

The 6D's center point is a freak, one-of-a-kind-so-far AF cross-type, given many use center point recompose for shooting, this hybrid AF sensor is pretty likable, if not just down-right-cool...IMHO

Mar 21, 2013 at 01:04 PM
StillFingerz

MintMar wrote:
sqdstf wrote:
Wait a sec...so theoretically the T5i has better auto focus capabilities than the 6D?

On paper, 650D already had it better. With the exception of light sensitivity, that is.

Well that depends on how you define better, both T bodies have more cross-type AF points then the 6D this is true, but all those cross-types are only sensitive to -0.5 ev and f5.6, ONLY the center point kicks in with with a diagonal cross with lenses of f2.8 or faster. The 6D has only one cross-type sensor at it's center AF point but it's sensitive to -3ev and the cross-type becomes diagonally active also with lenses that are f5.6 or faster.

I'm not defending Canon for putting only one cross-type AF sensor in the 6D, that's just nuts when they could have put the f2.8 sensitive cross-types for it's outer points. You find more folks putting fast primes and zooms on FF bodies, why Canon didn't go all cross-types is just a...WTF.

The 6D's center point is a freak, one-of-a-kind-so-far AF cross-type, given many use center point recompose for shooting, this hybrid AF sensor is pretty likable, if not just down-right-cool...IMHO

Mar 21, 2013 at 01:03 PM
StillFingerz

MintMar wrote:
sqdstf wrote:

Well that depends on how you define better, both T bodies have more cross-type AF points then the 6D this is true, but all those cross-types are only sensitive to -0.5 ev and f5.6, ONLY the center point kick in with with a diagonal cross with lenses of f2.8 or faster. The 6D has only one cross-type sensor at it's center AF point but it's sensitive to -3ev and the cross-type becomes diagonally active with lenses that are f5.6 or faster.

I'm not defending Canon for putting only one cross-type AF sensor in the 6D, that's just nuts when they could have put the f2.8 sensitive cross-types for it's outer points. You find more folks putting fast primes and zooms on FF bodies, why Canon didn't go all cross-types is just a...WTF.

Mar 21, 2013 at 01:02 PM
StillFingerz

MintMar wrote:
sqdstf wrote:

Well that depends on how you define better, both T bodies have more cross-type AF points then the 6D this is true, but all those cross-types are only sensitive to -0.5 ev and ONLY kick in with lenses of f2.8 or faster. The 6D has only one cross-type sensor at it's center AF point but it's sensitive to -3ev and the cross-type becomes active with lenses that are f5.6 or faster.

Stats on paper hide capabilities quite well, with the T bodies the cross-type sensors only activate with fast primes or fast zooms. That I know of only one fast EF-S zoom, the 17-55, otherwise it's fast primes all the way. Do lots of folks put the 17-55 on their Rebels?

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11431495 « Just announced: Canon Rebel SL1, T5i & Powershot SX-280 »