Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of charles.K's message #11411550 « Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread »

charles.K
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread

Ryan, my 75 Lux's calibration is now spot on, and is one of last ones from Germany. IMO IT has the best focus throw of any lenses I have had to date. For this reason alone, when shooting portraits, I will take out the 75 Lux over the 90 Cron AA. Purely ergonomics and MFD, and you have the ability frame near portraits identical to the 90 Cron AA.

Michael, wonderful color palette to your shots!
Ron, very nice shots with the 75 Lux compared to the 90 Summarit! I find your comparisons with the M and M9 very interesting! I still have C1 Pro, and have used it exclusively for the M9 files, until LR4 came out. Looking at some of the results I may still it for PP'ing the M9 files!!
Allen, excellent portrait I think the M-M will be around for along time to come, as no camera will achieve quite the same look. I do hope they come out with profiles for the M-M as this will extend PP'ing ability of the DNG files!!

A shot from the archives with the 75 Lux, even at f/5.6, it is important to have the calibration accurate at near, mid and far. ( PP'd with C1 Pro)

Mar 13, 2013 at 02:26 AM
charles.K

Ryan, my 75 Lux's calibration is now spot on, and is one of last ones from Germany, and IMO has the best focus throw of any lenses I have had to date. For this reason alone, when shooting portraits, I will take out the 75 Lux over the 90 Cron AA. Purely ergonomics and MFD, and you have the ability frame near portraits identical to the 90 Cron AA.

Ron, very nice shots with the 75 Lux compared to the 90 Summarit! I find your comparisons with the M and M9 very interesting! I still have C1 Pro, and have used it exclusively for the M9 files, until LR4 came out. Looking at some of the results I may still it for PP'ing the M9 files!!
Allen, excellent portrait I think the M-M will be around for along time to come, as no camera will achieve quite the same look. I do hope they come out with profiles for the M-M as this will extend PP'ing ability of the DNG files!!

A shot from the archives with the 75 Lux, even at f/5.6, it is important to have the calibration accurate at near, mid and far. ( PP'd with C1 Pro)

Mar 13, 2013 at 01:28 AM
charles.K

Ryan, my 75 Lux's calibration is now spot on, and is one of last ones from Germany, and IMO has the best focus throw of any lenses I have had to date. For this reason alone, when shooting portraits, I will take out the 75 Lux over the 90 Cron AA. Purely ergonomics and MFD, and you have the ability frame near portraits the same.

Mar 13, 2013 at 01:26 AM
charles.K

Ryan, the 75 Lux's calibration is spot on, and is one of last ones from Germany, and has the best focus throw of any lenses I have had to date. For this reason alone, when shooting portraits, I will take out the 75 Lux over the 90 Cron AA. Purely ergonomics and MFD, and you have the ability frame near portraits the same.

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Previous versions of charles.K's message #11411550 « Leica M8/M9/X1 Picture Thread »