Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of cscheffold's message #11406536 « Sold: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM lens + extras = $8800 »

cscheffold
Upload & Sell: Off
FS: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM lens + extras = $8800

Item 1: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS w/extras - BARGAIN!

Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS lens - the big daddy! Date code is UW0804 (2008).

This is your chance to own one of Canon's sharpest super-telephoto lenses at a bargain price! Where else are you going to find an 800 for a price like this? Don't let it get away! Ready to go with you on your next adventure - it has a camo LensCoat and an RRS replacement foot already attached.

I purchased this lens used a few years ago and have been enjoying it ever since. It has some battle scars (see pics) that the previous owner put on it, but I have given it the TLC it deserves and have had it covered with a lens coat since the day I brought it home. I took the lens coat off only to photograph the bare lens.

The lens is razor sharp and works perfectly. I've never had a single problem with it. It has traveled all over the country with me. I'm not a professional, so it has been used mostly on weekends. It's got plenty of life left in it!

As you can see from the pictures, there are a few minor cosmetic issues:

- The paint is scraped off in a few places. Most notably on the bottom of the lens barrel where someone apparently rested it on on something hard. It is also missing paint in the usual places where the hood attaches to the rim of the lens.

- The glass is free of scratches, however there is what I would consider the usual amount of dust trapped within the lens and behind the front element. All lenses have dust. If this bothers you, don't buy this one.

- The rubber gasket around the lens mount has some nicks in it. Seals just fine as far as I can tell. If it is a big problem for you, the part is available from Canon and it is easily replaced.

I've taken very good care of this lens and it has never let me down. The images it makes are astounding. It's not a museum piece, but I guarantee you will be happy with it. I'm only selling it because I have recently downsized to a 600 II and, as much as I'd like to, can't really justify keeping both.

Includes the following items:
Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original leather lens cover
Original tripod foot
LensCoat RealTree Max4HD lens cover
LensCoat RealTree Max4HD hoodie lens cap
Really Right Stuff LCF-51 replacement tripod foot (attached)

You won't find this lens at a better price. Given the amount of money on the line here, I would prefer a face to face transaction in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area so as to allow for inspection of the lens. I am willing to ship as long as you prepay by money order and have a good amount of feedback here on the forum. PayPal would also be OK provided you cover the transaction fees.

Please contact me if you have any questions!!

Price: $8800.00
Payment method: Money order
Item condition: 8

May 04, 2013 at 07:13 PM
cscheffold
FS: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM lens + extras = $8900

This is your chance to own one of Canon's sharpest super-telephoto lenses at a bargain price! Where else are you going to find an 800 for a price like this? Don't let it get away! Ready to go with you on your next adventure - it has a camo LensCoat and an RRS replacement foot already attached.

I purchased this lens used a few years ago and have been enjoying it ever since. It has some battle scars (see pics) that the previous owner put on it, but I have given it the TLC it deserves and have had it covered with a lens coat since the day I brought it home. I took the lens coat off only to photograph the bare lens.

The lens is razor sharp and works perfectly. I've never had a single problem with it. It has traveled all over the country with me. I'm not a professional, so it has been used mostly on weekends. It's got plenty of life left in it!

- The paint is scraped off in a few places. Most notably on the bottom of the lens barrel where someone apparently rested it on on something hard. It is also missing paint in the usual places where the hood attaches to the rim of the lens.

- The glass is free of scratches, however there is what I would consider the usual amount of dust trapped within the lens and behind the front element. All lenses have dust. If this bothers you, don't buy this one.

- The rubber gasket around the lens mount has some nicks in it. Seals just fine as far as I can tell. If it is a big problem for you, the part is available from Canon and it is easily replaced.

I've taken very good care of this lens and it has never let me down. The images it makes are astounding. It's not a museum piece, but I guarantee you will be happy with it. I'm only selling it because I have recently downsized to a 600 II and, as much as I'd like to, can't really justify keeping both.

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

You won't find this lens at a better price. Given the amount of money on the line here, I would prefer a face to face transaction in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area so as to allow for inspection of the lens. I am willing to ship as long as you prepay by money order and have a good amount of feedback here on the forum. PayPal would also be OK provided you cover the transaction fees.

Price: $8800

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM
cscheffold
FS: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM lens + extras = $8950

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

Price: $8900.00

Apr 21, 2013 at 04:44 AM
cscheffold
FS: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM lens + extras = BARGAIN! REDUCED AGAIN!

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

Price: $8950.00

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM
cscheffold
FS: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM lens + extras = BARGAIN! REDUCED PRICE!

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

Price: $8950

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM
cscheffold
FS: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM lens + extras = BARGAIN!

Item 1: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS w/extras - FINAL PRICE DROP!

This is your chance to own one of Canon's sharpest super-telephoto lenses at a bargain price! Ready to go with you on your next adventure - it has a camo LensCoat and an RRS replacement foot already attached.

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

Price: $9100

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
cscheffold

Item 1: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS w/extras

This is your chance to own one of Canon's sharpest super-telephoto lenses at a bargain price! Ready to go with you on your next adventure - it has a camo LensCoat and an RRS replacement foot already attached.

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

Price: $9175.00

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
cscheffold

This is your chance to own one of Canon's sharpest super-telephoto lenses at a bargain price! It's ready to go with you on your next adventure - it has a camo LensCoat and an RRS replacement foot already attached.

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

Price: $9175.00

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM
cscheffold

This is your chance to own one of Canon's sharpest super-telephoto lenses at a bargain price!

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

Price: $9175

Mar 14, 2013 at 07:23 AM
cscheffold
FS: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM lens + extras

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

Price: $9200.00

Mar 14, 2013 at 07:20 AM
cscheffold

I've taken very good care of this lens and it has never let me down. The images it makes are astounding. It's not a museum piece, but I guarantee you will be happy with it. I'm only selling it because I have recently downsized to a 600.

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

You won't find this lens at a better price. Given the amount of money on the line here, I would prefer a face to face transaction in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area so as to allow for inspection of the lens. I am willing to ship as long as you prepay by money order and have a good amount of feedback here on the forum. PayPal would be OK provided you cover the transaction fees.

Price: $9200.00

Mar 10, 2013 at 06:14 PM
cscheffold

I've taken very good care of this lens and it has never let me down. The images it makes are astounding. It's not a museum piece, but I guarantee you will be happy with it. I'm only selling it because I have recently downsized to a 600.

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

You won't find this lens at a better price. Given the amount of money on the line here, I would prefer a face to face transaction in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area so as to allow for inspection of the lens. I am willing to ship as long as you prepay by money order and have a good amount of feedback here on the forum.

Price: $9250.00

cscheffold

I purchased this lens used a few years ago and have been enjoying it ever since. It has some battle scars (see pics) that the previous owner put on it, but I have given it the TLC it deserves and have had it covered with a lens coat since the day I brought it home.

- The paint is scraped off in a few places. Most notably on the bottom of the lens where someone apparently rested it on on something hard. It is also missing paint in the usual places where the hood attaches to the rim of the lens.

Lens trunk w/keys
Instruction manual
Original tripod foot

You won't find this lens at a better price. Given the amount of money on the line here, I would prefer a face to face transaction in the NY/NJ/PA/CT area so as to allow for inspection of the lens. I am willing to ship as long as you prepay by money order and have a good amount of feedback here on the forum.

Price: $9250.00

Previous versions of cscheffold's message #11406536 « Sold: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM lens + extras = $8800 »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.