Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Zenon Char's message #11390873 « Dot-Tune: Autofocus Fine Tuning in under 5 minutes »

Zenon Char
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Dot-Tune: Autofocus Fine Tuning in under 5 minutes

I doubt it. They use projection equipment and have pretty sophisticated measuring methods. I also doubt there is much measuring or anything else at final CQ. Maybe a sampling from time to to but not all. Final QC is a waste of time, resources, a bottle neck and an added expense in the world of Japanese or also known as the lean manufacturing process. The process itself is supposed to be fool proof so a final product that meets all specs is produced all the time. Not just the Japanese. They were first the first adopters. Any serious big player in manufacturing these days has to apply these methods to compete.

Also it is been proven that people who do QC make mistakes. Not their fault. They are human and it is very boring. If there was QC at the end of the line then my new 70-200 2.8 II should not be in Purolator's hands today on it's way to Canon.

Mar 04, 2013 at 08:28 PM

Previous versions of Zenon Char's message #11390873 « Dot-Tune: Autofocus Fine Tuning in under 5 minutes »