Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Zenon Char's message #11385744 « Dot-Tune: Autofocus Fine Tuning in under 5 minutes »

Zenon Char
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Dot-Tune: Autofocus Fine Tuning in under 5 minutes

This has been my argument from day one. Dozens of methods and all types of suggested distances. For me it is hard to comprehend. Expensive precision equipment behind judged with household measuring tapes. I sure hope they don't apply this approach when they service any planes I fly on . Forget the technical service manual, we found a short cut that works better. Sorry for the rant. 25 years technical training in manufacturing. I have seen it all. Wide eyed, stunned looks on how well equipment runs after we got the crews to put their tool boxes away that contained snakes and rattles and set it to manufacturer specifications. Problem here is Canon does suggest a method but few follow it. Why?

I like DotTune because it is quick, simple and much like FoCal the system tells me what is out. I don't want to make that decision. If any lens I own is way out it will go to Canon regardless. Minor tweaks - I'll use DotTune.

Mar 02, 2013 at 03:10 PM

Previous versions of Zenon Char's message #11385744 « Dot-Tune: Autofocus Fine Tuning in under 5 minutes »