Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of zhangyue's message #11374108 « M240 Full Res Samples »

zhangyue
Upload & Sell: On
Re: M240 Full Res Samples

I feel everybody has his own reason to not get M, that always the case with expensive decision. For me, like I said, I need evaluate what it really gives me over the cost. Fast electronics and quieter shutter are two. (note: not only for the sound, but for hand hold stability, I welcome any improvement here. ) High ISO would be a plus but M9’s high ISO and push quality afterward is quite nice. Nothing should be technical at ISO2500 IMO. (D700 is way better at ISO1600, but if under expose it and push afterward, the result will be like a crap.) But unknow CMOS sensor color profile, performance will be more a concern than those shutter delay and LV. And I never expect Leica a sport camera.
I also rethink this LV implementation drama: Let ‘s face it, if there is no time concern (decisive moment), which is shouldn’t since we are talking about LV. I hardly feel this will be an issue. For Landscape lens stop down usage: Focus recompose will work, DOF will cover focus error by recompose. It dose require extra step, so, a little time involving. (so does when you trying to scroll around). Not to mention all Leica lens have nice focus DOF scale which is very handy in field.
For macro, at those extreme DOF, LV itself without zoom is enough for me even for working aperture. I can detect correct focus. I might use LV scroll around for verification if I have, but without it will be fine as well. Plus, the latest Leica lens has no focus shift, so, you can certainly focus WO, and shoot stop down.
For fast glass, WO around 0.7 to 1.5M, EVF will be good enough, at least for me with good eyesight, I can’t speak for other people. I use that all the time with fast decision, fast shooting with D700 and Zeiss/Leica fast glass. I can’t imagine you can’t do it with tripod with time. Again if distance gets longer, focus recompose will work again.
Hi, all I am trying to say is: if you don’t like it for whatever reason, you don’t like it anyway.

If I don’t want buy it for whatever reason, I will not buy it. But I won’t complain it as a defective product.

Joe, I agree with your Leica user base. I am not sure the reason they have leica is because Leica has best IQ,(maybe they thought, as it is most expensive stuff they can find) it has crisp look, and saturated color, but I feel it require a lot time/attention to get decent level than causal rich shooter can afford.(time and expertise)

Feb 25, 2013 at 01:42 PM

Previous versions of zhangyue's message #11374108 « M240 Full Res Samples »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.